Chile's Enersis net profit surges 75 pct in 2013
SANTIAGO Feb 7 (Reuters) - Net profit at Chile-based regional energy group Enersis shot up 74.5 percent in 2013 on higher generation, consolidation of assets from a recent capital increase, and a regulatory decision in Argentina, the company said on Friday.
Enersis's net profit for the year rose to $1.3 billion. Its earnings before interest, tax and depreciation and amortization rose 15.6 percent to $4.5 billion.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |