Cost cuts boost Elisa's adjusted profit
HELSINKI Feb 7 (Reuters) - Finnish telecom operator Elisa reported a slight rise in quarterly profit as cost cuts helped to offset the impact of tough price competition.
Elisa's quarterly earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding one-off items, rose to 134 million euros ($182 million) from 124 million a year earlier. That was in line with the average forecast in a Reuters poll.
The company said it expected full-year 2014 EBITDA, excluding items, to be at the same level or higher than in 2013. ($1 = 0.7353 euros) (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando, editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border