EU probe into forex still at preliminary stage - Almunia
LONDON Feb 7 (Reuters) - The European Commission is still only in the prelminary stage of looking for possible collusion to fix benchmarks in the foreign currency markets, its competition chief said on Friday.
Joaquin Almunia, speaking to journalists during a visit to London, declined to say when or if he would move to a formal probe like British and U.S. regulators have done.
He said he was also informally looking at oil and related products markets as well.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |