EU probe into forex still at preliminary stage - Almunia
LONDON Feb 7 (Reuters) - The European Commission is still only in the prelminary stage of looking for possible collusion to fix benchmarks in the foreign currency markets, its competition chief said on Friday.
Joaquin Almunia, speaking to journalists during a visit to London, declined to say when or if he would move to a formal probe like British and U.S. regulators have done.
He said he was also informally looking at oil and related products markets as well.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement