Genting Singapore, China's Landing Int'l to develop $2.2 bln S.Korea casino
HONG KONG Feb 7 (Reuters) - Casino operator Genting Singapore PLC and Chinese property developer Landing International Development Ltd said on Friday they would jointly develop a $2.2 bln casino resort in South Korea.
The complex will be located in Jeju island and is due to open in 2017, the companies said in a joint statement.
South Korea has 16 foreigner-only casinos whose primary customers come from China and Japan. The country forbids its citizens from gambling in casinos outside of Kangwon Land , an isolated resort which is a three-hour drive from Seoul. (Reporting by Farah Master; Writing by Miral Fahmy)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |