RPT-Genting Singapore, China's Landing Int'l to develop $2.2 bln S.Korea casino
HONG KONG Feb 7 (Reuters) - Casino operator Genting Singapore PLC and Chinese property developer Landing International Development Ltd said on Friday they would jointly develop a $2.2 bln casino resort in South Korea.
The complex will be located in Jeju island and is due to open in 2017, the companies said in a joint statement.
South Korea has 16 foreigner-only casinos whose primary customers come from China and Japan. The country forbids its citizens from gambling in casinos outside of Kangwon Land , an isolated resort which is a three-hour drive from Seoul. (Reporting by Farah Master; Writing by Miral Fahmy; Editing by Chris Cushing)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change