Telecom Italia says no talks to merge TIM Brasil with GVT
MILAN Feb 7 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia denied on Friday media speculation it was in talks to merge its unit TIM Brasil with Vivendi's Brazilian unit GVT.
"(There are) no ongoing talks over a possible GVT deal," a spokesman for the Italian phone group said in response to a report in Brazilian media. (Reporting by Stefano Rebaudo, Writing by Danilo Masoni; editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State