Turkish security forces seize suspected hijacker - transport ministry
ISTANBUL Feb 7 (Reuters) - Turkish security forces seized a passenger suspected of making a bomb threat and trying to hijack a plane which landed in Istanbul on Friday evening, a Transport Ministry official told Reuters.
"Security forces seized the hijacker, there were no casualties," the official said, adding that all passengers had been evacuated from the plane.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat