Parker named 2013 European player of the year
(Reuters) - Frenchman Tony Parker has been named the 2013 European player of the year after stellar performances for club and country, world basketball governing body FIBA said on its website (www.fibaeurope.com).
"For many years Tony Parker has been a great ambassador for the sport of basketball and it is therefore fitting to see a player of his fine caliber rewarded in this manner for what was indeed a magical 2013," said FIBA Europe acting president Cyriel Coomans.
Parker, 31, won gold at last year's European Championship with France and the NBA Western Conference title with the San Antonio Spurs before losing to the Lebron James-led Miami Heat in the finals.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV