IBM explores sale of semiconductor business: Financial Times
(Reuters) - IBM Corp is exploring the sale of its semiconductor business and has hired Goldman Sachs to find potential buyers, the Financial Times reported on Thursday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
However, IBM is not committed to the idea of selling and could also seek a partner to set up a joint venture for its semiconductor operations, the report said. ( r.reuters.com/zyr66v)
The report comes two weeks after IBM agreed to sell its low-end server business for $2.3 billion to Chinese PC maker Lenovo Group Ltd.
IBM was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting By Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ