Earthquake of 6.7 magnitude strikes off Vanuatu - USGS
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - An earthquake of 6.7 magnitude struck off the Pacific island nation of Vanuatu on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported.
The quake struck at a depth of 62.8 miles, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage while the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said the quake was too deep to generate a tsunami.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- UPDATE 2-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning