Earthquake of 6.7 magnitude strikes off Vanuatu - USGS
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - An earthquake of 6.7 magnitude struck off the Pacific island nation of Vanuatu on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported.
The quake struck at a depth of 62.8 miles, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage while the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said the quake was too deep to generate a tsunami.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ