Earthquake of 6.7 magnitude strikes off Vanuatu - USGS
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - An earthquake of 6.7 magnitude struck off the Pacific island nation of Vanuatu on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported.
The quake struck at a depth of 62.8 miles, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage while the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said the quake was too deep to generate a tsunami.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies