Earthquake of 6.7 magnitude strikes off Vanuatu - USGS
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - An earthquake of 6.7 magnitude struck off the Pacific island nation of Vanuatu on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported.
The quake struck at a depth of 62.8 miles, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage while the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said the quake was too deep to generate a tsunami.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials