Turkish security forces seize suspected hijacker: transport ministry
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish security forces seized a passenger suspected of making a bomb threat and trying to hijack a plane which landed in Istanbul on Friday evening, a Transport Ministry official told Reuters.
"Security forces seized the hijacker, there were no casualties," the official said, adding that all passengers had been evacuated from the plane.
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke