Turkish security forces seize suspected hijacker: transport ministry
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish security forces seized a passenger suspected of making a bomb threat and trying to hijack a plane which landed in Istanbul on Friday evening, a Transport Ministry official told Reuters.
"Security forces seized the hijacker, there were no casualties," the official said, adding that all passengers had been evacuated from the plane.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |