U.S. Senators ask White House to provide propane shortage relief
Feb 7 (Reuters) - The U.S. government must continue to offer assistance to consumers facing spikes in propane prices this winter, a bipartisan coalition of Senators said on Friday.
The lawmakers asked President Barack Obama to direct agencies to use their authority to mitigate the impact of a domestic propane shortage and to review all options to help facilitate propane deliveries to affected areas. (Reporting by Ros Krasny. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown