U.S. Senators ask White House to provide propane shortage relief
Feb 7 (Reuters) - The U.S. government must continue to offer assistance to consumers facing spikes in propane prices this winter, a bipartisan coalition of Senators said on Friday.
The lawmakers asked President Barack Obama to direct agencies to use their authority to mitigate the impact of a domestic propane shortage and to review all options to help facilitate propane deliveries to affected areas. (Reporting by Ros Krasny. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine