Former Chicago Mayor Daley leaves hospital
(Reuters) - Richard M. Daley, mayor of Chicago from 1989 to 2011, was discharged from a Chicago hospital on Saturday after being admitted into the intensive care unit a week ago, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Daley was taken by ambulance to Northwestern Memorial Hospital last Friday after becoming ill following the return from a business trip to Arizona.
He walked out of the hospital around noon, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Daley spokeswoman Jackie Heard had earlier said he was due to walk out of the hospital. Details about the nature of his illness were not immediately available.
(Reporting By Jonathan Allen, Editing by Alex Dobuzinskis, Gunna Dickson and Chris Reese)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |