Magnitude 6.2 quake strikes off Papua New Guinea: USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - A 6.2 magnitude earthquake struck 78 miles west northwest of Arawa, Papua New Guinea, at 1456 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said on Sunday.
There was no alert from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre.
The struck at a depth of 16.4 miles, the USGA added.
(reporting by Andrew Heavens; Editing by Jeremy Gaunt) nL5N0LE0NY
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source