CORRECTED-Alibaba offers to take AutoNavi private
(Corrects paragraph 2 to say deal value is $1.58 billion, not $1.45 billion)
Feb 10 (Reuters) - Chinese digital mapping and navigation firm AutoNavi Holdings Ltd said it had received an offer to be taken private by major shareholder Alibaba Group Holding Ltd IPO-ALIB.N.
Alibaba has offered to buy the 72 percent of AutoNavi that it does not already own for $21 per American depository share, valuing the company at $1.58 billion.
The offer represents a premium of 27 percent to AutoNavi's Friday close of $16.54 on the Nasdaq. (Reporting By Sampad Patnaik in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- At least four servicemen killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl
- Israel presses on with Gaza offensive, Palestinians fire rockets |