Barclays to report $8.5 bln underlying profit
LONDON Feb 10 (Reuters) - British bank Barclays Plc said it will announce an adjusted pretax profit of 5.2 billion pounds ($8.5 billion) for 2013 when it reports results on Tuesday, down a quarter from its earnings in 2012.
The bank said in a brief statement to the stock exchange it will report a statutory pretax profit of 2.9 billion for 2013. It did not provide any further numbers or information.
Its adjusted profit before tax will come in below the 5.4 billion pound average forecast from analysts polled by the bank.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory