Spain orders arrest of former Chinese officials over Tibet
MADRID Feb 10 (Reuters) - Spanish High Court Judge Ismael Moreno on Monday issued an arrest warrant for former Chinese President Jiang Zemin, ex-Prime Minister Li Peng and others on allegations of genocide in Tibet.
Moreno used a Spanish law that allows suspects to be pursued for human rights abuses committed abroad when a Spanish victim is involved.
Spain's ruling People's Party is pushing a reform of this law that would restrict the capacity of judges to act beyond the country's borders.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics