Syrian government urges Brahimi to condemn Maan killings: document
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A Syrian government delegation in Geneva urged mediator Lakhdar Brahimi on Monday to condemn the violence in the mainly Alawite town of Maan in central Syria in which at least 41 people were killed on Sunday.
The delegation also said, in a document seen by Reuters, that combating terrorism should be the first issue to be agreed in Geneva in order to prepare the right atmosphere for political negotiations.
The delegation presented the document to Brahimi during their first meeting with him on Monday, a source said.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources