US trade action against India relates to solar subsidies -India govt source
(Adds Indian government source in first paragraph)
NEW DELHI Feb 10 (Reuters) - The United States has told India that a trade enforcement action it plans to announce on Monday will involve it taking Delhi to the World Trade Organisation over subsidy levels in its solar power industry, an Indian government source said.
U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman is due to hold a news conference at 2 p.m. (1900 GMT) on Monday, his office said on Sunday night. It said it could offer no additional details.
The trade enforcement action could deal another blow to bilateral relations damaged in December by the arrest and strip-search of an Indian consul. (Reporting by Frank Jack Daniel; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years