Barclays CEO says to cut up to 12,000 jobs this year
LONDON Feb 11 (Reuters) - British bank Barclays said it expects to cut between 10,000 and 12,000 jobs at the bank this year, including about 7,000 in Britain.
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said about half of the affected staff in Britain had been notified.
The bank had 139,600 staff at the end of December.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia