URGENT-London tube strike this week suspended, says conciliation service ACAS
LONDON Feb 11 (Reuters) - A two-day strike on the London underground rail network that was due to start later on Tuesday has been suspended, the conciliation service ACAS said.
John Woods, ACAS Deputy Chief Conciliator, said in a statement: "We welcome the news that the proposed industrial action has been withdrawn. We want to thank all the parties involved for their hard work and commitment over 10 days of intensive talks with Acas." (Reporting by Stephen Addison; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran