Burkina Faso's Onatel reports 67 pct rise in 2013 net profit
ABIDJAN Feb 11 (Reuters) - Burkina Faso telecoms company Onatel said 2013 net profit rose 67 percent to 20.36 billion CFA francs ($42.45 million), from 12.20 billion CFA francs the previous year.
"The strong increase in the results is due notably to the growth in turnover and good cost control," the company said in a statement on its website on Tuesday.
The company's turnover was up 6 percent at 122.70 billion CFA franc in 2013 compared with 115.73 billion CFA franc in 2012. ($1 = 479.6230 CFA francs) (Reporting by Loucoumane Coulibaly; Writing by Emma Farge; Editing by Anthony Barker)
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb