LPL Financial's quarterly profit rises 20 pct
Feb 11 (Reuters) - LPL Financial Holdings Inc, the largest U.S. independent broker-dealer, reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher commission and advisory revenue.
The Boston-based company's net profit rose to $44.4 million, or 43 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31 from $36.9 million, or 34 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net revenue rose 16 percent to $1.09 billion.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials