LPL Financial's quarterly profit rises 20 pct
Feb 11 (Reuters) - LPL Financial Holdings Inc, the largest U.S. independent broker-dealer, reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher commission and advisory revenue.
The Boston-based company's net profit rose to $44.4 million, or 43 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31 from $36.9 million, or 34 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net revenue rose 16 percent to $1.09 billion.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey