CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher after Yellen comments
TORONTO, Feb 11 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Tuesday, helped by gains in almost every major sector, after a statement by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen confirmed that the process of winding down the monetary stimulus program was on track. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 26.73 points, or 0.19 percent, at 13,820.91 shortly after the open.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement