Charter names nominees to board for Time Warner Cable
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Charter Communications Inc took its first step in a proxy fight against Time Warner Cable Inc on Tuesday, announcing a slate of 13 nominees to the larger cable operator's board.
Some of the nominees include Lisa Gersh, former president and CEO of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc ; Marwan Fawaz, a former Motorola Mobility executive and Eamonn O'Hare, a former chief financial officer at Virgin Media.
The nominations are Charter's latest move to try to acquire Time Warner Cable after its offer of $132.50 per share was rejected for being too low in mid-January.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |