Barclays CEO says to cut up to 12,000 jobs this year
LONDON (Reuters) - British bank Barclays (BARC.L) said it expects to cut between 10,000 and 12,000 jobs at the bank this year, including about 7,000 in Britain.
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said about half of the affected staff in Britain had been notified.
The bank had 139,600 staff at the end of December.
(Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by Matt Scuffham)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan