TD Securities becomes U.S. primary dealer -NY Fed
NEW YORK Feb 11 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve added TD Securities to its list of primary dealers, bringing to 22 firms the number of firms that can do business directly with the U.S. central bank, the New York Federal Reserve said on Tuesday.
TD Securities is the U.S. broker-dealer unit of Toronto-Dominion Bank.
Along with TD Securities, the U.S. units of three other Canadian banks - Bank of Nova Scotia, BMO Capital Markets Corp. and RBC Capital Markets - are among firms that are allowed to participate in the Fed's open market operations and U.S. government bond auctions.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |