AIRSHOW-Amedeo leasing company firms up order for 20 Airbus 380s
SINGAPORE Feb 12 (Reuters) - Airbus said on Wednesday that Amedeo, formerly called Doric Lease Corp, had signed a firm order for 20 A380s worth $8.3 billion at list prices.
The purchase follows a provisional order placed by Amedeo at the Paris Airshow in June.
Amedeo and Airbus officials signed the final agreement for the order at the Singapore Airshow, Asia's largest aerospace event.
Sales of the superjumbo have generally been sluggish though Dubai's Emirates, the largest customer, placed an order in November for 50 aircraft that for the time being lifted doubts over production levels.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand