Alpha Natural posts bigger loss due to low coal prices
Feb 12 (Reuters) - U.S. coal miner Alpha Natural Resources reported a bigger fourth-quarter loss, hurt by weak coal prices and a fall in shipments.
Net loss widened to $359 million, or $1.62 per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $127.6 million, or 58 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue slid 30 percent to $1.1 billion.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source