Alpha Natural posts bigger loss due to low coal prices
Feb 12 (Reuters) - U.S. coal miner Alpha Natural Resources reported a bigger fourth-quarter loss, hurt by weak coal prices and a fall in shipments.
Net loss widened to $359 million, or $1.62 per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $127.6 million, or 58 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue slid 30 percent to $1.1 billion.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill