Maple Leaf Foods CEO committed to meat business, sees growth
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Maple Leaf Foods Inc Chief Executive Officer Michael McCain said on Wednesday the company was committed to its meat business and sees growth opportunities in Canada and beyond, in response to questions from analysts about whether Maple Leaf might be for sale.
Mexico's Grupo Bimbo will buy Canada Bread Co for C$1.83 billion ($1.66 billion) in cash, Canada Bread said earlier on Wednesday, allowing the Canadian company's parent, Maple Leaf, to focus on meat products.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets