Home Capital profit rises, says to split stock and raise dividend
TORONTO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Home Capital Group, a Canadian mortgage lender, said on Wednesday it would split its stock and reported a 17 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit and a 14 percent dividend rise.
The Toronto-based company earned C$68.8 million ($62.61 million), or C$1.97 a share, in the quarter, up from C$59.0 million, or C$1.70 a share, in the year-ago period.
Analysts had expected a profit of C$1.90 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act