BB Seguridade eyes Itaú's high-risk insurance portfolio - CFO
SAO PAULO Feb 12 (Reuters) - BB Seguridade Participações SA , Brazil's largest listed insurance company, is analyzing a potential bid for Itaú Unibanco Holding SA's high-risk corporate insurance portfolio, Chief Financial Officer Leonardo Mattedi said on Wednesday.
Itaú, Brazil's largest bank by market value, put the unit up for sale late last month in a bid to deploy capital more efficiently in coming years. Itaú could fetch about 1 billion reais ($424 million) from the sale, according to Francisco Kops, an analyst at Banco Safra's brokerage unit.
BB Seguridade, which is controlled by state-run banco do Brasil Sa, plans to enter the global market for reinsurance jointly with reinsurer IRB-Brasil, Mattedi and other executives said at an event in São Paulo.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials