Sun Life profit boosted by restructuring gain
TORONTO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Sun Life Financial Inc, Canada's No. 3 life insurer, said on Wednesday its fourth-quarter profit rose 39 percent, helped by a C$290 million gain related to the restructuring of internal reinsurance arrangements.
Net profit was C$550 million ($500.52 million), or 90 Canadian cents a share, during the quarter, up from C$395 million, or 65 Canadian cents a share, in the year-before period.
On a continuing operations basis, which excludes the impact of the sale of Sun Life's U.S. annuities business last year, operating income was C$642 million, up from C$333 million a year earlier.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Civilians killed in eastern Ukraine in fierce fighting