Thomson Reuters reports 50 pct drop in Q4 operating profit
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Thomson Reuters Corp reported a 50 percent drop in operating profit in the fourth quarter and Chief Executive Officer Jim Smith said the external environment was tougher than expected.
Thomson Reuters, the global news and information provider, also said on Wednesday it expected 2014 revenue to be comparable to results in 2013. Revenue, excluding divestitures and currency changes, rose 2 percent in 2013.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels