Thomson Reuters reports 50 pct drop in Q4 operating profit
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Thomson Reuters Corp reported a 50 percent drop in operating profit in the fourth quarter and Chief Executive Officer Jim Smith said the external environment was tougher than expected.
Thomson Reuters, the global news and information provider, also said on Wednesday it expected 2014 revenue to be comparable to results in 2013. Revenue, excluding divestitures and currency changes, rose 2 percent in 2013.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |