BOJ's Kuroda: will not hesitate to adjust policy if risks appear
TOKYO (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Wednesday he will not hesitate to adjust the central bank's quantitative easing if upside or downside risks to the economy and prices appear.
Kuroda, speaking in the lower house budget committee, also said the amount of outstanding government debt held on the central bank's balance sheet is more important than the flow or pace at which it acquires debt.
(Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Dominic Lau)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |