U.S. Senate Banking panel postpones hearing with Fed Chair Yellen
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Banking Committee said on Wednesday that it postponed Thursday's hearing with Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.
The Washington area is expecting a significant snowstorm that could conflict with Yellen's testimony.
The committee said the hearing, in which Yellen is due to deliver the semi-annual monetary policy report to Congress, would be rescheduled for a yet-to-be-determined date.
(Reporting by Karey Van Hall; Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory