Bill to extend U.S. debt limit clears Senate hurdle
WASHINGTON Feb 12 (Reuters) - Legislation to extend U.S. federal borrowing authority for a year cleared a critical procedural hurdle in the Senate on Wednesday, moving the measure to a final vote.
The Democratic-controlled Senate voted 67-31 to move straight to a final vote on a "clean" hike in the debt ceiling. The House of Representatives passed the measure on Tuesday.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source