U.S. says 3.3 mln have enrolled in private Obamacare coverage
WASHINGTON Feb 12 (Reuters) - About 3.3 million people enrolled in private Obamacare health coverage through new U.S. healthcare marketplaces from Oct. 1 to Feb. 1, the Obama administration said on Wednesday.
The data also shows that the number of young adult enrollees aged 18 to 34 rose slightly to 25 percent of the total enrollment population. Participation among young adults could be crucial to the success of President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law because they tend to compensate for higher risks from older or sicker policyholders who represent three-quarters of enrollees.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season