Brazil prepared to face global volatility, central bank says
CURITIBA, Brazil Feb 13 (Reuters) - Brazil is well prepared to withstand global market volatility, which is expected to last for some time, central bank director Carlos Hamilton Araujo said on Thursday.
Araujo, director of economic policy, reiterated at an event in the southern city of Curitiba that consumer inflation has remained high, resisting a drop.
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports