Brazil retailer GPA fourth-quarter profit jumps 28 pct
SAO PAULO Feb 13 (Reuters) - GPA , Brazil's biggest retailer, posted a fourth-quarter profit of 687 million reais ($285 million), 28 percent higher than a year earlier, according to a Thursday securities filing.
Net income at the retailer controlled by French group Casino beat an average estimate of 560 million reais in a Reuters survey of analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, dipped 2 percent to 1.307 billion reais, below an average estimate of 1.507 billion reais.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76