Brazil retailer GPA fourth-quarter profit jumps 28 pct
SAO PAULO Feb 13 (Reuters) - GPA , Brazil's biggest retailer, posted a fourth-quarter profit of 687 million reais ($285 million), 28 percent higher than a year earlier, according to a Thursday securities filing.
Net income at the retailer controlled by French group Casino beat an average estimate of 560 million reais in a Reuters survey of analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, dipped 2 percent to 1.307 billion reais, below an average estimate of 1.507 billion reais.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ