Brocade Communications posts 1st-quarter profit as costs fall
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Network equipment maker Brocade Communications Systems Inc posted a first-quarter profit, compared with a year-earlier loss, helped by lower costs.
The company's shares rose 8 percent in extended trading.
Brocade reported net income of $80.9 million, or 18 cents per share for the quarter ended Jan. 25, compared with a net loss of $21.3 million, or 5 cents per share, a year earlier. (link.reuters.com/gag86v)
Excluding items, the company earned 24 cents per share.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $564.5 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 20 cents per share on revenue of $550.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Brocade shares closed at $9.43 on the Nasdaq on Thursday. (Reporting By Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling