Miner Cliffs appoints president and COO Halverson as CEO
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Cliffs Natural Resources Inc said on Thursday its board of directors appointed Gary Halverson, until now its president and chief operating officer, as chief executive with immediate effect.
"We are confident that Gary is the right candidate to lead Cliffs given his proven experience with international and long-term mining operations and understanding of the global commodities industry," Cliffs Chairman James Kirsch said in a statement.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- U.S. health experts in Dallas reviewing potential Ebola exposure |
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border