Miner Cliffs appoints president and COO Halverson as CEO
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Cliffs Natural Resources Inc said on Thursday its board of directors appointed Gary Halverson, until now its president and chief operating officer, as chief executive with immediate effect.
"We are confident that Gary is the right candidate to lead Cliffs given his proven experience with international and long-term mining operations and understanding of the global commodities industry," Cliffs Chairman James Kirsch said in a statement.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand