Discovery Communications posts higher quarterly revenue
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Discovery Communications Inc reported a 28 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by growth in its U.S. and international networks.
The company's net income rose to $289 million, or 81 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31 from $224 million, or 61 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $1.54 billion in the quarter from $1.20 billion a year earlier.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change