Greek unemployment rises in November to record high
ATHENS Feb 13 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate rose further to a new record of 28 percent in November from a downwardly revised 27.7 percent in the previous month, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
The reading - more than twice the euro zone's record-high average of 12.1 percent in November - highlights the impact of Greece's prolonged, austerity-fuelled recession on the labour market.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |