Greek unemployment rises in November to record high
ATHENS Feb 13 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate rose further to a new record of 28 percent in November from a downwardly revised 27.7 percent in the previous month, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
The reading - more than twice the euro zone's record-high average of 12.1 percent in November - highlights the impact of Greece's prolonged, austerity-fuelled recession on the labour market.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane