Industrial Alliance raises dividend as profit climbs
TORONTO Feb 13 (Reuters) - Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services, Canada's fourth-largest life insurer, said on Thursday its fourth-quarter profit rose 26 percent, and the company boosted its dividend.
Net income attributed to common shareholders was C$91.1 million ($82.90 million), or 91 Canadian cents a share, for the quarter. That compared with a year-earlier profit of C$72.1 million, or 76 Canadian cents a share.
The Quebec City-based company raised its quarterly payout by 6 percent to 26 Canadian cents per share, it said.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |