Industrial Alliance raises dividend as profit climbs
TORONTO Feb 13 (Reuters) - Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services, Canada's fourth-largest life insurer, said on Thursday its fourth-quarter profit rose 26 percent, and the company boosted its dividend.
Net income attributed to common shareholders was C$91.1 million ($82.90 million), or 91 Canadian cents a share, for the quarter. That compared with a year-earlier profit of C$72.1 million, or 76 Canadian cents a share.
The Quebec City-based company raised its quarterly payout by 6 percent to 26 Canadian cents per share, it said.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data