Industrial Alliance raises dividend as profit climbs
TORONTO Feb 13 (Reuters) - Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services, Canada's fourth-largest life insurer, said on Thursday its fourth-quarter profit rose 26 percent, and the company boosted its dividend.
Net income attributed to common shareholders was C$91.1 million ($82.90 million), or 91 Canadian cents a share, for the quarter. That compared with a year-earlier profit of C$72.1 million, or 76 Canadian cents a share.
The Quebec City-based company raised its quarterly payout by 6 percent to 26 Canadian cents per share, it said.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens