Manulife profit boosted by Taiwan sale
TORONTO Feb 13 (Reuters) - Manulife Financial Corp on Thursday reported a 20 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit as Canada's largest life insurer booked a C$350 million gain on the sale of its Taiwan insurance business last year.
The Toronto-based company said net income attributed to shareholders was C$1.3 billion, or 68 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$1.1 billion, or 57 Canadian cents a share, a year earlier.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape