Australia shares finish flat as weak jobs data offsets strong earnings
(Updates to close)
SYDNEY Feb 13 (Reuters) - Australian shares finished flat in choppy trade on Thursday, but still at 3-week highs, after weak job numbers tempered interest in firms reporting strong earnings.
The S&P/ASX 200 index benchmark slipped two points to finish at 5,308.1, snapping five sessions of gains, its longest winning streak since mid-October. The benchmark rose 1.1 percent on Wednesday.
New Zealand's benchmark NZX 50 index edged 0.1 percent higher to 4,873.5. (Reporting by Thuy Ong; Editing by Eric Meijer)
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source